54321 Poster

on Sunday, 17 June 2012
07/06/2012
Today we were having a small activity which is presentation of everyone's poster regarding the topic/subject matter of the final projects. The poster contains of 5 similar works/cases with our project title, 4 sources of our inspiration, 3 heroes who we think that will be related to the work we are going to do, 2 relevant theories to our project and lastly the biggest issue that we will be facing in the production of final project. 


I have selected a few interactive projects that have the same object with my project: raise awareness on certain matter to the people. There are websites, installations and also mobile applications. I have talked about their interactions as well as the content during the presentation. 

The main source of inspiration would have to be my high school friend because she has inspired me to have this idea for my project. the other sources include games, tv series and others. I will be using HTML 5 for my final project because I realised that html5 is much more useful as it can be viewed using mobile such as iphone. it is great since apple products do not support flash, therefore I can use html5 to design interactions in a website rather than just creating a static website where users just only can read and view. But this also has became my biggest issue and challenge because i am totally new to HTML 5 coding. I have to learn from the very basic in order to create a fully function HTML 5 website at the end of the semester. 

I have chosen Sara de Freitas to be one of my heroes because she is researching on learning in immersive and virtual world. In her research or study, she also talks about effective learning in gaming, simulation and virtual environment. Her studies will help me in my project as my aim is to create an interactive website/app that is immersive or maybe will be involving some games to educate the public on meat consumption. 


However, after the presentation we were given feedback by the peers and the lecturer. Some of peers mentioned that they are unclear about my thing that I am focusing in my project and they were wondering will there be too many stuff in the website? Some were unclear about what platform I am going to use. 


One of the peers (zak) mentioned that learning codes can be hard. He also suggested me to talk about how different meats have different impacts. It's interesting as I am going to find out and decide what types of meat I want to focus or else it will be too many stuff in my project. They also provided some good sources for me to explore further. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment