More FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS

on Friday, 14 December 2012
Showed progress to the technical supervisors (Kelvin), and also approached to Yi Wei. More suggestions and ideas/thoughts are given by them. Changes are hopefully to be made in order to improve the user experience for my website. It's very time consuming as I have to reconsider the flow of my content (website), although the ideas are great. However, the changes should have made earlier as I have planned to spend the rest of seven weeks for the technical aspects, therefore the final interface should be done before week 8. More feedbacks and suggestions are good, but I personally feel that it also confuse the students as the direction of the idea has changed and students have no much time left to refine and continue the rest of the work, although students have to take consideration of the feedback given to them in order to improve.

Kelvin's feedback
  • enhance and improve the motion graphic parts (make it more engaging and eye-catching)
  • use After Effect instead of Flash to create the animation/motion graphic as Flash has limited presets while After Effect offers more presets. Import video into Flash and make it interactive. Using cue point to select specific timing/part within the animated graphics / video. 
  • research more on motion graphic websites
Yi Wei's feedback
  • emphasize on friends' result (FB)
  • make use of friends and social media to attract users to stay
  • after users have answered the question, straight away display friends' results. 
  • try to blend in friends' result section with the information. 
  • for the find out why session, insert some questions or quiz that engage users to participate instead of just allowing them to explore, because user may feel bored and leave the website. 
  • to create a strong selling point/idea of my project which is it can lead to discussion among users and make it go viral. 
After listing out all the feedback, I agreed with Yi Wei's feedback because I think they really help to improve user experience of my website and make the flow of my content go smoother and easy to navigate for the users. Integrating with social media is the advantage of the website as it attracts more users to participate. However, I foresee some obstacles in technical aspects that I will be facing when comes to the production stage. Lots of data storing coding have to be handled (if we are not allowed to create just a prototype). Besides, I am still not sure whether if I am able to achieve the outcome that I wanted and implement my idea practically in terms of the scripting. 

After receiving the feedback, I quickly thought of some websites and games that I have been visited to that have similar concept. The first one is Twitter data-generated infographic website which will display the infographic between two twitter users. Comparison between the users will be made such as the tweets, number followers and etc.... That is interesting because users get to see the difference between he/she and their friends (or it can be random celebrities). 















Another thing that came to my mind is The Walking Dead pc game. The game consists of few episodes and the ending of each episode, there will be some kind of analysis. From the analysis, players get to see the percentage of he/she and other players that have chosen the same path/respond while playing the game. For example:










I find this interesting as well because we get to see how similar our chosen response is with other players. This also helps to increase the interactivity between players and game. I think I can implement the concept onto my website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment