story / narrative draft

on Wednesday, 8 August 2012
I did brainstorming on how social media related to the content of my website and came out with a draft of the story/ narrative of my website content.

My plan was to separate the content into two parts. For the first part, I think in order to let the audiences to feel afraid and shocked, I need to show them the effect of global warming to them, and I was planning to bring in their Facebook data such as their friends into the content and form a story. The story involves audiences' most active friend and friend's location in Facebook.

The story goes like this:
1. User will be shown a TV news with his/her facebook most active friend on the screen. The news reporter is reporting that there is a disease spread on the location (where the location of his/her facebook friend's stay) and reporting that his/her friend is one of the victim. The reporter will also mention that the cause of the disease is unclear.

Then, the TV news ended and second part begin as user is given a task/mission which is to find out the cause of the disease. (The disease is actually one of the effects of global warming, source: http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/offbeat-news/malaria-no-longer-eradicated-thanks-to-global-warming/402) User is then brought to a farm and start interacting with the objects surrounding them, user will also interact with the character to find out more on the cause of disease. This part of the content will separated into 3 smaller parts, which the user will find out 1. what kind of animals are ruminant (which they have four compartment stomachs and their digestive system is different from others). 2. What is methane and nitro oxide gases (their cause and effect)
3. comparison between carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases and the effect to global warming.

There is a similar example of what am I proposing for the content of my website:

http://www.talktofrank.com/cocaine-basement
It is an interactive platform where it allows users to experience the how cocaine affects human.
User is given a scene where he/she is allowed to explore the things within the base room. User is allowed to click each section and to further explore the content. I think this website is visually interesting as it looks real and user can immerse into the content and really experience it. I believe that the user experience for this website is scary and they want users to avoid taking cocaine after they have read the effects and consequences.


0 comments:

Post a Comment