Inspiration || Idea

on Thursday, 17 May 2012
Talk about my inspirations:

1. Meat consumption
During semester break in April, one of my high school friends contacted me and we discussed about what is her final project going to be. She is a degree student who is majoring in Graphic and Visual Communication Design in Singapore. She has a theme for her final project which is "sustainability". We discussed and searched for ideas and topics, eventually we found this interesting topic = Meat consumption causes global warming.

She was required to do a campaign that talks about sustainability including design a poster. We discussed about the poster and I found that it is very hard to visualise everything or information that I want to tell in a piece of paper. It is very challenging too. This inspired me to think of using interactive media to let the audience to know about the message. I was thinking it would be much easier to use an interactive media instead of a static media to deliver message yet it is entertaining

Her project theme and the usage of poster and interactive media inspired me to create some sort of awareness campaign to the public. I find it interesting that actually most of the people are not aware of the fact that meat consumption can be harmful to the environment as well as our health. And this would be a great opportunity for me to explore and create such awareness campaign for my final project to show effectiveness using interactive to raise awareness. 


2. Smell senses
Integrating smell senses into my final project?
It is very interesting as I realised that there are not much projects that focusing on smell senses and this made me wonder how multimedia can do with smell senses. There was one time that I wondering why can't we get smell of the perfume from the internet, as I was browsing through a perfume website. The design of the bottle  and the description are attractive, but how about the smell? What if some of the people do not go to the shop personally, how would they know the smell of the perfume, and how do they know whether it is suitable for him/her?






























All these questions inspired me to do an interactive artwork that related to smell senses for my final project. It can be a piece of interactive work that helps audience(users) explore the smell of perfume, it's quite challenging but interesting. Or I was thinking is it possible to emit smell through mobile devices or laptops? A lots of research need to be done in this case.



0 comments:

Post a Comment